APPLIANCE HOUSE MINI FOOD PROCESSOR CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The Appliance House Mini Food Processor Contest (the “Contest”) begins April 16, 2019 at 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 3, 2019 at 11:59:59 a.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). The Contest is run by The Appliance House (the “Sponsor”). For the purposes of the Contest, the “Contest Group” is composed of the Sponsor, together with its affiliates and related companies, including without limitation their parent, sister and subsidiary companies, retailers, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of material and services related to the Contest, and any other corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or other legal entity directly involved in the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY The Contest is open to legal residents of Halton Region, Ontario, Canada, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Excluded from eligibility are officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Group, and members of any immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live) or households (whether or not related) of such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives.
3. HOW TO ENTER – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access and Instagram account required. Online entry through Instagram only; no other means of submission will be accepted.
You must follow @theappliancehouse on Instagram in order to be eligible to see the Instagram Mini Food Processor Contest post. To enter, post a comment on the Mini Food Processor Contest image that tags another Instagram user and that meets the Submissions Guidelines (defined below) between the time of the image being posted on April 16, 2019 at 12:00:01 p.m. ET and 11:59:59 a.m. ET on May 3, 2019 (each, an “Entry”, and collectively the “Entries”).
Limit: One (1) Entry per person. Any attempt to exceed the limit on Entries is a violation of these Official Contest Rules and may result in disqualification. The Entry must be submitted separately by the entrant him or herself. Use of automated devices to enter is prohibited; automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any robot, script, macro or other automated service) are not permitted and may result in disqualification.
All Entries must meet the following submissions guidelines (the “Submissions Guidelines”):
a. The Entry must not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or any of its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill associated with the Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
b. The Entry must be suitable for family audiences, including without limitation for display and publication on social media or website, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
c. The Entry must not contain any content that is or contains: unlawful behaviour, profanity, explicit sexuality, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or is hatefully, racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive or objectionable, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and the Entry must not infringe on any intellectual property rights, or defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights, of any third party, living or deceased.
By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that: (i) the Entry is your original work, created solely by you, and over which you have all necessary rights, title and interest, including copyright; (ii) the Entry has not been previously published elsewhere; (iii) the Entry does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights, or defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights, of any third party, living or deceased; (iv) all individuals appearing in the Entry have granted to you an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license in perpetuity to publish or otherwise use their likeness in the Entry in any manner and media whether now known or hereafter devised including, without limitation, on the Contest post; and, (v) that the Entry complies with the Submissions Guidelines on this page. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
By entering this contest, you agree to the following: (i) you acknowledge that your Entry may be posted by the Sponsor on the Contest post or used in Sponsor’s promotional social media posts and website, in Sponsor’s sole discretion but without obligation; (ii) you have the right and authority to, and do hereby, grant to the Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free worldwide license in perpetuity to reproduce, store, copy, display, distribute, edit, alter, combine with other material, publish, post, commercialize and/or otherwise use without limitation all or any part of the Entry on the Contest Website or in Sponsor’s promotional social media posts; (iii) you waive any and all moral rights that you may have in and to the Entry with respect to the uses contemplated herein; and, (iv) you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relates in any way to Sponsor’s use of the Entry.
4. HOW THE CONTEST WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN: At 12:00 p.m. ET on May 3, 2019, at Milton, Ontario, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Entry from Instagram as eligible to win a Prize from amongst all Entries received on Instagram during the contest period. Chance of being selected as eligible to win a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries that are received.
5. PRIZE CLAIM CONDITIONS Selected entrants will be notified by Instagram private message within approximately one business day after the draw.
In order to be declared a winner, selected entrants must: (i) respond to the notification of selection within one (1) business day of first attempt by Sponsor; (ii) correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by Instagram private message; (iii) otherwise comply with these Official Contest Rules.
Return of any Prize or winner notification as undeliverable, inability to reach selected entrant or failure of selected entrant to respond to notification within one (1) business day of first attempt by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent, failure to provide proof of eligibility (if requested), or failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or other non-compliance with these Official Contest Rules may result in disqualification, forfeiture of the Prize and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, selection of an alternate eligible entrant for the forfeited Prize in accordance with these Official Contest Rules, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
6. PRIZES There is one (1) prize available to be won (“Prize”). The Prize consists of one (1) KitchenAid 3.5 Cup Mini Food Processor (valued at $89.99 CDN) in Ice Blue (model #KFC3516IC), redeemable at The Appliance House in Milton, Ontario Canada.
Prize will only be awarded to a verified winner in Halton Region, Ontario, Canada. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equivalent monetary value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Sponsor will not replace a lost or stolen Prize. Any other taxes, costs or expenses associated with the Prizes not specified herein will be the responsibility of selected winners.
7. PERSONAL INFORMATION Sponsor and its authorized agents will collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide when you enter the Contest for the purposes of administering the Contest and for the Prize fulfillment. You may be offered the opportunity to receive additional communications from Sponsor about its products, and upcoming contests and promotions. The Contest post and rules pages may be hosted on servers in the United States, and the personal information you provide may therefore also be subject to the laws of the United States.
By accepting a Prize, the winner agrees to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, city/province/territory of residence, picture, biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor may conduct relating to the Contest in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice.
8. RIGHT TO VOID / TERMINATE / SUSPEND / MODIFY Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Contest, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, which, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and: (a) terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Contest, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Contest Rules; and/or (c) award the Prizes from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS Winning a Prize is contingent on fulfilling all the requirements set forth in these rules. All entries and Prize claims are subject to verification. Proof of entry submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Entrants agree to abide by these Official Contest Rules. Decisions of Sponsor and/or any independent contest judging organization will be final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Contest Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the Official Contest Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner may be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her Prize, or the cash value thereof. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest and/or Contest Websites, violates the Official Contest Rules, or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person who submitted any entry, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to enter the Contest will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned by Instagram the account associated with the Entry. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE CONTEST GROUP AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM A PRIZE, INCLUDING THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE, OR THE MERCHANDISE FOR WHICH IT IS REDEEMED. FURTHER BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM: A) ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST WEBSITE, OR B) ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONALITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR PRIZE DELIVERY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore such exclusions may not apply to you.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Releasees, and any of Sponsor’s other agencies, suppliers or contractors, shall not be responsible for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by users of Contest Website, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest; (b) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, on-line systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections; (c) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (d) any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, telephone networks or lines, computers or computer on-line systems, apps, social media sites, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (e) garbled transmissions or miscommunications; (f) failure of any e-mail to be received by or from the Contest judging organization or Sponsor for any reason, including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof or technical incompatibility; (g) damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware) occasioned by participation or downloading of materials related to this Contest; (h) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; or (i) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.